ptiblogphp is a tiny, extremely light PHP blog engine. It stores all its content in filesystem, hence it requires no database. Only a web server with PHP. Written by Mateusz Viste and published under the terms of the MIT license.
Wondering how ptiblogphp looks like? Well, this very homepage is using it! Another example is my beekeeping blog. ptiblogphp is very customizable, so you can tune its look to your preferences through standard CSS settings.
written on Thursday, July 8, 2021
Today I have published version 20210708. This version brings markdown syntax support, localization capabilities and many minor improvements.
- articles and welcome message are filtered through a markdown processor
- welcome message is editable online
- authentication form features a cancel link
- UI can be easily localized through settings (defaults to english)
- format and language of timestamps are configurable
- configurable jpeg rescaling ($RESIZEJPG_MAXWIDTH and $RESIZEJPG_MAXHEIGHT)
- title string is properly htmlized (special characters escaped)
- configurable timezone ($MYTIMEZONE)
- upgraded dropzone.js from v5.7.0 to v5.9.2
- improved css styling
ptiblogphp-20210708.tar.xz (96 KiB)
written on Monday, June 28, 2021
version 20210627 comes with a lot of bug fixes and overall usability improvements:
- improved readability of cursors on the photo slider
- authentication fails with an explicit message when no password is defined
- pagination bar is shown only when there are at least 2 pages
- pagination is reversed (most recent entries land on the last page)
- lots of css improvements
- replaced some strings by pictograms to ease future localizations
- articles are stored in text files under data directory, while the per-article directories are used only for attachments now
MIGRATION NOTE: when migrating from ver 20210622, you have to move all "data/$articleid/body.txt" files to "data/$articleid.txt"
ptiblogphp-20210627.tar.xz (66 KiB)
First public release
written on Tuesday, June 22, 2021
A year ago, during pandemic times, I had drafted a simple blogging system for PHP. I did not use it for anything and then I forgot about it. It is only recently that I have found it in my archives and thought that I might just as well make it public, for the benefit of the humanity. I cleaned it up a little, hacked a few details and here it is: ptiblog release 20210622 (aka "Summertime").
ptiblogphp-20210622.tar.xz (170 KiB)